Monday 2 January 2017

New year, same old crap?


2 January


This time of year brings along all sorts of feelings for all of us. Some of us feel positive and look forward to the challenges and opportuneness that the new year brings. We used to feel that about birdwatching, starting the year off with a clean slate and wondering what new species we would see. We don’t go birding these days though, so now we don’t have that to look forward to. Even so we are still positive about what this coming year will bring us. However, I’m aware that there are many folk out there who think, new year, same old crap. The start of a new year must be really depressing for them. Perhaps making New Year Resolutions might help? I’m not so sure, the odd time I have done so they are in the realm of Forgottenland within a week. Now, I don’t bother. I just get on and get done what needs to be done when it needs doing.


So what do we have planned for this year then? Nothing at all really simply because we are now have to wait until we have a lot more information about Jan’s up-coming back surgery and the recovery time. This is likely to be the biggest surgery she has ever had done, and I have to be honest, she is getting nervous about it. We can’t really plan anything until that has been done and the recovery has happened. So far my health has improved leaps and bounds since last August when my back was done; what I need to do now is to get me finger out and do more than I am doing. You see …


I’m sat here writing me blog and all the time I have this little worm whispering to me to forget the blog, there’s another novel that needs writing. Of course, if I listened then the worm will whisper about the book on me kindle that needs to read; later it’s the new Asimov book I started last night; and the film I recorded late last night … … … It’s the writers worm I’m afraid, but maybe you have one too who comes and whispers to you about what you could be doing if were to stop doing what you’re doing now. And then there’s Jan; she is in the kitchen making a cuppa put came back in to ask whether we should go out for a couple of hours. I know she wants to go to a local garden centre anyway, so why not. We will be popping out for a few hours later this morning.  Actually, we could with getting out for a few hours. I could do with some new photos too …


Today’s photo …

Whipsnade rhino.


Today’s funny …


Did you hear about the man who fell into an upholstery machine?
He is fully recovered now.

No comments:

Post a Comment