Tuesday 24 January 2017

A quickie today ...


24 January

By heck, what a time to get up; 7 bloody 30 is far from being a civilised time in the morning. I’ve got up with Kile this morning to give Jan a lie-in for a change. Anyway …

Today I was due to stay in today because of my new mobile arriving at some time. It arrived around 10 o’clock. It looks pretty good too, I’m sure it work as well as it looks once I’ve worked out how to get it working properly. What doesn’t help is not having a printed manual; I’ve now found one on-line, only 330 pages, no wonder they don’t provide one. Another issue I’ve found is that there seems only one port for both the SIM and the micro-SD card. My old phone is on charge right now so as I’m going to use the SIM from that for the new one, I’m sort of in a bit of a limbo for now. I’ve finally managed to get the older phone charged and stripped down, well, all but the SIM card that is. It will get sorted though, honestly, it will, Jan will get it sorted for me.

So the government lost an appeal case on the BREXT issue. What that means is that because of some person not willing to accept democracy unless it works how they want it, then they can the courts to fix it for them. What a tragedy for us all! At some time, this decision will back fire on the UK in bigger issue that might cause us to be in real danger in some way. It is this sort of decision made by the European court that was one of the many reasons why I became disillusions with the EU. Now we have our own judges doing the self-same things. What chance do we have as a nation when things like happen, even today?

 London fire service had a busy few hours after an explosion occurred in a ground floor flat. Two men have been arrested over it. With ten tenders and 60 firefighters attended the incident, so it was certainly a serious event. Police are not saying much about it other than the two men have been arrested on suspicion of arson. At times like this we can only wait for the event to be investigated before we can know what has happened, however. We do have our imaginations though, and they won’t sit quietly will they. My first thought when I saw it was a bomb maker had made an error. Just lately there have been a number of cases of arson attacks on peoples homes because of some sort of falling out. I shall be watching this one to see what comes out of the investigation.

Good grief, I’m shattered right now. I’ll post this one now before I lose it.

Today’s photo …


A Penguin.

Today’s funny …

If the new president came under assassins fire would his bodyguards shout. Donald Duck?     

No comments:

Post a Comment