Monday 9 January 2017

Living in Spain ...


9 January

That W10 problem I mentioned yesterday was not the end of it, oh no … In an attempt to fix it I thought perhaps closing the lappy down and then restating it again after a short wait might fix it. First job was the close-down the programs I had open at the time and saving what needed to be saved first of course. Hmmm … strange, why won’t it close-down now? Problem two then. I tried again this morning and still now go, even worse, my documents opened in a format I’ve not seen before, problem three. Once I had things closed-down again I did a hard close-down by holding the power button down.

Around a minute later I started up again, it was very slow to get going, but I expected that. First job was to try Edge, and it worked – yeahhhh … Then I opened up word ready to write this, and it opened in the funny format again. This time it opened with s few drop-down menus so had a look, clicked on Edit and finally problem three was solved. As for problem two, well, that will have to wait until later today. Computers eh – who’d ‘ave ‘em …

A new TV show start and eight part series on Channel 5 last Friday so I set it to record just in case I forgot about it, and I did too. Anyway, we watched last night after Kile went home and it wasn’t at all bad, even if it did show some of the downsides of living in Benidorm. It majored on working out there  by concentrating on just four people, an estate agent, two entertainments guys working in different locations and finally a guy who set up an auction house.

One of the entertainment guys, I young bloke who runs fitness and dance classes was very motivated. As he said at one point, ‘If I don’t have any clients I don’t eat, simple as that.’ I was impressed with that stance, and to make it even more interesting is that he is a recovering alcoholic druggy who has got himself clean and intends to stay like that. Some of his clients were interviewed too, one of whom was recovering from cancer. Moving to Spain has really improved her life. She said that if she had remained in England she would have been stuck in a wheelchair. Our health is one of the reasons we are looking at maybe going out.

As for the other entertainments guy, I got fed up with his ‘Happy days’ comment nearly every sentence he uttered.  The estate agent was getting panicky after several months without any sales and finally made one and now has a £1million place to sell. It’s a lovely house, large and luxurious, so she will have to be selective in who she takes there for a viewing, me and Jan would certainly not be interested.  

The actuation house took in €9,000 on auction day, leaving the owner €3,000 clear for him after paying various people their cut. This auction house sells furniture and general household goods. Apparently, new furniture is expensive in Spain, so he has found a niche for himself, and he’s making more than enough to feed him and his wife and have fun when not at work. Looking forward for the next one now.

It looks like we’re stuck in here for the day now seeing as it’s raining quite hard out there. I’m happy about that seeing as I wasn’t fussed on going out today anyway. But no new photos though, so today’s  is another oldie …

A rather nice white flower.

Today’s funny …

Why did the baker stop making donuts?
Because he was tired of the hole business.
          

No comments:

Post a Comment