Wednesday 11 January 2017

12 month wait ...


11 January

Hospitals; none of us really like them but where would we be without them? Jan had an appointment at Selly Oak in Brum at 9.30 yesterday morning. We set off around 7.30 to get there in time, and we did. That was where their IT system kicked in and cocked it all up. There are two ways to book in over there, in person at the reception, or using a terminal on the wall. A volunteer showed her how to use the terminal, which show her as having booked in. BUT … it was at a different clinic and at 1030 she queried at reception. Then they found out why she hadn’t been seen to time.

When we did get to see the consultant Jan said he was a different one to who she saw the last time. Whatever, that guy yesterday is the one who will actually do Jan’s back when the time comes – in 12 months! That’s a horrendous waiting list, and it could end up as being the first of many such operations of the coming years. He showed us scans of another lady, no names obviously, who had what Jan is due to have done. She later two more operations to fully correct the problem. He explained that there is a 30-50% chance of Jan having to go the same route. By those figures he’s got himself a job for life I think.

The thing is, she does need to have the job done. She is in constant pain because of it and it’s starting to impact on her life a heck of a lot. I already knew she can’t look up because of the spinal curvature, but that means she is having to turn her head to the side when she fishes a drink. As she walks she always looking down at the ground and driving is OK for now, but it is slowly becoming an issue as she tries to keep her head up straight. The job needs doing, such a shame about the waiting times. We finally got home quite late yesterday afternoon and that is why there was no blog yesterday, I was just too tired.

We are going out again today for shopping and when we do I have to get the right postage to return those forms to DVLA. I spoke to the practice secretary yesterday afternoon about names and dates and so on and she suggested I drop them off and a doctor will go through them and fill in what’s required. I’ve filling my name, address and so on and signed them where needed and she assured me that they will sort out the time required for them. It’s certainly looking like I will need that licence back pretty soon.

When we were sorting through Dave’s bedroom in Bracebridge Street, we found a large bottle of Quink ink and looked like it hadn’t been opened. We couldn’t see any use for it at the time so we threw it out, along with so many other things too. We still have quite a bit of stationary that we found, among them a heck of a lot of pens and pencils, most of which we now keep in a large plastic box. I got the idea that I had some passport photos in there, so I looked for them, and found yet another Parker fountain pen. I already use a Sheaffer pen and I can’t use another Parker. Why he kept buying them I’ll never understand. Same with all the pencils he bought, no need for them, no need at all.

Today’s photo is another oldie I’m afraid …


Brums golden Pigeon pooping place.

Today’s funny …

Smile! It makes people wonder what you've been up to.            

No comments:

Post a Comment