Wednesday 28 December 2016

The death of democracy perhaps?


28 December


This ‘ere celebratory malarkey is not all it’s cracked up to be, is it? Another two of them have kicked the bucket over Christmas. There’s been quite a few of them taking the last bow this year, and there’s three more days to go yet. Maybe there is something about being a celeb that attracts it in some way. But there again, it comes to us all at some point, it’s just that when it’s Joe Public very few of us are interested.


For example; a man has been arrested in Bristol over the death of six month old baby on Christmas Day. Yesterday in Brum, I man sitting in a car was shot in the head and died. Did you know about those two? I did know about the one in Brum cos it was on BBC Midlands Today last night, but not about the dead baby until I just read it on MSN news feed. See what I mean? Yesterday I bought a Daily Mail and around six pages of it were taken up in the George Michael story. OK, he was a popular singer, however, just how many of us really did like his work? Jan and me didn’t for a start, and neither did my brother Dave. And yet that baby doesn’t even get a small paragraph.


Mrs Lizzy Windsor apparently supported Brexit and can’t understand why we can’t just leave right now. That means she is thinking in the same way as I do, and fair number of people too. And don’t forget, that lady is no drug sniffer idiot, she is a very clever and well informed lady, (and I’m usually willing to support what she says and does remember). So, if she really thinks that, then what is the government farting about at? Or is the delay just another excuse to line their own pockets before we leave? Whatever, the sooner the better for me.


Did you happen to see the photo of Bob Geldof shouting abuse at Brexiters in the papers yesterday? I’m not over keen on his as an entertainer either, but the way he looked in that makes me wonder if he is still pushing his punk rock message after all these years. But what can we expect these days about the whole Brexit issue? On one hand we have remainers who warned of dire consequences if we leave the EU, but now they say they have changed their minds, ex-Bank of England chief Melvin King. Our economy isn’t plunging into unknown depths since the vote, and yet there are still people coming forward claiming it will be a serious problem in the future. Some people just won’t accept the majority vote, will they? I don’t know what will happen but I still feel we will be better off out there than in. I just wish they would get on and get us out.


Obama claims that the Labour party is falling apart. I have to agree with him too. The problem is within the parliamentary party, again because we have a group of people who will not accept the vote of the members in backing Corbyn as the party leader. What hope is there for the local party if top level won’t accept voters’ wishes? Very little methinks. As it is, I don’t see Corbyn as a future Prime Muppet any way, but hey-ho, there’s another three years before the next general election so they have time to sort it all out – at least I hope they do!

Today's photo ...

Kile sitting in the sun at Kingsbury Water Park, just a reminder on this frosty, foggy morning.


Doctor, doctor. Every time I stand up quickly, I see Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy.
Ok, how long have you been having these Disney spells?
               

No comments:

Post a Comment