Friday 20 March 2015

Stolen goods?



20 March

I shall be very happy when today is over with cos I’m sick fuss n bovver over the eclipse of the sun. We watched the last one from our back garden in Bed’th and once is enough for me. It may be spectacular and a rare event, but for me it doesn’t hold any fascination at all.

Items have gone missing yet again. This time it’s a number of my Nikon batteries. There’s one in the camera and a spare in my camera bag; where the other three are I don’t know. I do remember putting one in top pocket of one of my coats when I went out one time; so I’ve just checked my coats and there no sign of them. No doubt they will turn up later as these things usually do, or at least I’m hoping they do. My hope now is that they didn’t slip into some little hiddy hole in the Doblo. If they did, then they are gone.

Now that’ strange; I use word for writing these blogs and then I copy and paste them over to the Blogger dashboard for publication. But for some reason Word has decided that it doesn’t want to play any more when comes to adding spellings to its dic’n’ary. Place names can no longer be added to the dic’n’ary, not can Doblo. And yet they were all there before I had to reinstall Office a few weeks ago. At least it’s not the end of the world – or is it? An eclipse and Word kicking up … … …

A JW converts to Islam and decides he wants to kill a British soldier. He was caught carrying a hammer and a 12” knife. The judge has only given him 22 years inside. He will be an even bigger danger when he comes out, if he comes out that is, at the 15 year point. Then there’s the MOD official who is given 12 months for selling stories to the Sun paper reports. And yet the reports are claiming ‘public interest’ as they reason for buying them. Where is the public interest in reporting the death of a major? Or was it the link to the Royals that was in public interest? It’s strange you know, I didn’t know about it at the time the story was published and I wonder just how many other non-Sun readers knew it. One thing is for sure, I am not interested in prying into the majors’ family grief.

It all comes down to our amazing justice system doesn’t it? How can selling something be worse than buying something? I mean, just spite balling here, the stories sold were not the sellers property to sell. That means that she stole them from her employer. Surely that means the buyers were handling stolen goods and normally receivers are hammered harder than thieves. So what is the difference in this case? I don’t see any difference at all.

Tomorrow we are going off for the day heading for North Big Fish up the A5, which means it is unlikely I will write a bog for tomorrow. Hey, here’s something I thought of the day … Yanks again … Have you noticed that when someone asks them a questions which really only needs a ‘Yes,’ answer, they will invariably reply with the same words as the question, but with a different infection on them. After I saw it the it last time I decided to call them Polly Parrots. I wonder if it will catch on.

Today’s photo then … 

A view of part of the area we will be visiting tomorrow.

And today’s funny …

Old aunt Gladys went to her GP to see if anything could be done for her constipation. ‘It’s terrible’ she said. ‘I haven’t ,oved my bowels in a week.’
‘I see,’ said the doctor. ‘Have you done anything about it?’
‘Yes; I sit on the toilet for an hour in the morning and a hour at night.’
‘That’s not what I mean,’ says the doctor. ‘Do you take anything for it?’
‘Naturally, I take a large book.’         

No comments:

Post a Comment