Wednesday 4 March 2015

For info really, be back on Friday



4 March

This new computer of mine is kicking up yet again! When I bought it, it came with W8 plus a free upgrade to W8.1. Anyway, it kept on offering me the upgrade and I always declined it. Then it must have come up again I missed seeing it, because one time I opened it up and, there it was, 8.1. From then on I had loads of problems with it. In the end I got in touch with the good folks of Which? And I was sent a link to a tool that would restore it to just W8. I did that thinking that all my files would be unaffected by it. WRONG! They were and I’ve lost loads of stuff; even the back-up copies won’t work now.

Anyway, I thought I’d get this bit done and sent off seeing as tomorrow I won’t be about tomorrow to do another one until late on. So my good patient friends, I’ll be online again on Friday morning and hopefully I shall have some new photos to post too. 

Me and Jan in Malorca, taken by a cop.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment