Wednesday 10 September 2014

Full moon, British Legion and scooters



10 September

Last night there was a rather nice full moon that I wanted to photograph. So I stuck my camera on the tripod and out back I went; but I didn’t get any shots of the moon. The reason for that is that I made a muck-up of buying the tripod. It was on offer at Cley Spy at £39.99, so I bought it without looking too closely at it. The problem with it is that I couldn’t get it to tilt up towards the moon to get the shot. Opps … it does tilt! But for some reason I just couldn’t get it to work last night. Well, hopefully we will have clear skies next month for another go.

Some time ago we applied to the British Legion for help in buy Jan a new mobility scooter. Early in December their supplier arrived here with a scooter for each of us. Jan’s was a new scooter, mine was from what the guy called their ‘pool scooters’. Mine was returned to them within three months because the scooter wasn’t reliable; indeed, it broke down twice with problems in the same area of the tiller system. Jan’s scooter seemed OK though.

But then we noticed that there was a fault in the one too. One of the bars that are part of the drive had snapped. It was still useable though, so we were not stuck in while we waited for the same guy to turn up and do the fix. When he did turn up he complained that the scooter was dirty and then went on to say that if the Legion knew that we were using it for birding, they would take it off us.

Well, at long last I got hold of the new central number of the Legion and called them to ask for the scooter to be returned. They took the details and just after an hour I got a call back from them. That guy was not at all happy about how we have been treated by the company they use. The scooter I was given should have been new, not used and from then on the whole attitude towards the supplier went south from there. Now we are just waiting for them to call to arrange to collect the scooter under the stairs – the sooner the better for us.

Today’s photo then … 

A bunch of red berries.

And today’s funny …

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, it made him more sluggish.

No comments:

Post a Comment