Thursday 4 September 2014

Double up, county council and CCTV



4 September

I had an early night last night, and as I was sorting my night time dose of pills, I out found out that I had been taking double paracetamol. Luckily it only amounted to eight 500mg a day, which is the limit for anyone. What wasn’t so lucky is that I didn’t take any of the tramadol. I’ve got it sorted now though. Even with all those pills, I still don’t feel all that good  

I need to get in touch with the county council; first point to look at is their website for a phone number. Oh dear, back to the drawing board for them I think. The only phone number there is for the webmaster. At least he was able to give me the right number; now all they need to do is have enough ‘advisors’ to do the job properly! They have finally got back in touch with me and given me the number of the person I need to speak to – and guess what? I’ve had to leave an answer machine message.

Well, they called me back; and it’s a wrong number. Bloody council!  

My copy of Writers Magazine arrived here yesterday. There’s a lot of useful stuff in there as usual, but equally, there’s a lot of stuff in there that I’m not interested in. I have a few mags on subscription or I buy the odd copy of, and they too are the same. I can’t remember when I last read everything in any one magazine. That I suppose is par for the course.

After he fuss the other weekend we have bought a set of CCTV cameras and Jan is installing them now. However, it’s not all that a straight forward job. Where we would like them to go is causing hassle because the PVC door and window frames are too deep, the arm that holds the camera too short, both of which don’t give us the field of view we would like. Not only that, the adjustment range is not enough to allow for the best placement.  Jan is a clever lass thought, and she will beat it.

Today’s photo then … 

Kile paddling in the river.

Todays’ funny …

Jay, Tom and Paul were at a convention together sharing a large suite at the top of a 75-story hotel. After a long day of meetings, they were shocked to hear that the elevators in their hotel were broken, and they would have to climb 75 flights of stairs to get to their room.
Jay said to Tom and Paul, “Let’s break the monotony of this unpleasant task by concentrating on something interesting. I’ll tell jokes for 25 flights, Tom can sing songs for the next 25 flights and Paul will tell sad stories for the rest of the way.”
At the 26th floor, Jay stopped telling jokes and Jim began to sing. At the 51st floor, Tom stopped singing and Paul began to tell sad stories.
“I will tell my saddest story first,” he said. “I left the room key in the car.”

No comments:

Post a Comment