Friday 12 September 2014

Early morning start, Drayton Manor Park and the problem with Fred



12 September

We were up at 7.30 this morning because I had an appointment at the Registrar’s office to register mother’s death. OK, fine, that went off without problems; next stop was to mother’s solicitor’s office to get the will she has left seeing as we can’t find the copy that we had. Yes, they have the will, no, I can’t have it. The reason is that they need to see Dave’s death certificate and my paper driving license too.  That will have to be next week sometime now though. DWP have written to ask for more info for a payment from the social fund to help pay the funeral fees. As I said yesterday, we can rarely get to do anything in an easy straight forward way.

It occurs to me that there might actually be a novel around the natural death of a person. There are a number of hoops you have to jump through to get it sorted out and I’m sure they can be spun into a decent 60,000 story, maybe more. I shall look at that later.

My latest Fred Cooper story seems to have fizzled out and I’ve been casting about trying to find a way to get going again. I think it will need a pretty heavy re-write but I’ve had an idea on where to start and where to take it. The current story line can be brought in at various places along the way too. I need to do a wee bit of research before I start though. That I will do in around half an hour. Jan has found another job that needs doing … … …

Jan has been fancying a couple of hours out together for the last week. So last night we got ready and went off down to Asda to get some shopping done. After that we headed to the Felix Holt where I had a curry and Jan had herself an ice cream sundae. On the way home we called in to the Anker for another pint. It was knocking on 9.30 when we got in and we were both really tired, so we had an early night. Don’t we just lead a full and exciting life eh ;-)))

Well, it will get a tad hectic over the weekend after I pick up Kile from school this afternoon. The plan for tomorrow is to take him to Drayton Manor Park and I’m hoping I can go too. Right now I’m not sure I am up to it and when I get up tomorrow if I feel as bad as I do right now, then I’m stopping here.

Today’s photo … 

Kile of course, this time playing pool with Jan.

Today’s funny …

http://www.greatcleanjokes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/airbags1.jpg





No comments:

Post a Comment