Saturday 12 July 2014

Black dog visits, a comment and Sky Blue hassles



12 July

We have bright, warm sunshine and blue skies here in Dorktown today. Jan is off to get her hair sorted out and I’m not sure whether I’m going own with her to get some more photos; and I’m sure there would be a pint or two real ale in there somewhere. The thing is, I’d be going for the sake of it, not for any real reason. But there again, if I stay here at home I won’t be doing much anyway. Yes, you’re right, the Black Dog is visiting again!

I had an email come in last night which threw me a bit. Some time ago I went to truck show and made some comments about it on the blog the following day. The email was telling me that I had a comment made on that blog; well, that was some time ago as I said and I can’t remember what it was actually said at the time. I shall be looking it up later and doing a reply and will included a link to my Flickr page too.

Coventry City FC have been having major problems for a number of years now. Those problems are due to the management company, SISU, and their attitude to having to pay the rent to use the Ricoh Area, which is the City Home ground. SISU decided that they would go to court to claim that the city council broke the law in giving the arena owners a £14.4 million loan. Well, they lost; they did say they were going to appeal but things may have changed since then.

SISU have said they would not be returning to the Ricoh and were looking to build a new stadium elsewhere, but particularly in Coventry. Now they are saying that they are open to the idea of returning to the Ricoh. Perhaps their greed has got the better of them and they are now thinking twice about the whole thing. At some point I think the SISU shareholders are going stand up to their boss Joy Sappala, and sack her. The fans and supporters would happy about that at least. She has been seen as the biggest block the club has faced.

You may be wondering why I’m interested in all this seeing as I’ve said I hate football. The reasons my friends, is that I used to like and enjoy footy and the Sky Blues were the team I followed (although I always liked the villa too). Then I took my brother Dave to watch a game and that was it … he couldn’t open his mouth without City coming out of it. Added to that is the wall to wall coverage it gets on telly and I got heartily sick of it! But I’m still interested, at least on the surface on how things are at the City.

Today’s photo … 

Another sporting training session. This guy was knackered after 10 miles of racing around Draycote Water earlier this year.

And today’s funny …

I was sitting on a jury for a trial of a man accused of robbing a bank. There was not enough evidence to convict him, so we had to declare him not guilty. When the foreman announced, “Not guilty!” the defendant jumped to his feet. “Cool!!” he shouted. “Does that mean I get to keep all the cash?”

1 comment:

  1. Would it have been me, Ron - I posted just a few comments as I read recently?
    J x

    ReplyDelete