Monday 7 April 2014

Busy morning, editors and trolls



7 April

Yes, I know ... I'm late today. Mind you, I was up at 7.45 this morning so I could go to an appointment at Vampire Hall up at the Hussy. Four tubes of blood took, I ask you, four? Tony Hancock claimed that a pint is nearly an arm full; four tubes must be around a hand full!

Back home and get Jan up ready for a GP appointment at 11am. We arrived in plenty of time but the doc was running just on an hour late. They have one of those signs that keeps changing its message and on there they say that if a patient turns up 15 or more minutes late then they can't be seen. One law for them, one for us again!. After that it was round to the pharmacy to hand in Jan's repeats for next month. Anyway ... I'm here now - even if I am yawning me ed off.

Now then ... that free edit thingy I tried. Well, yesterday I finally got the corrections made that were suggested. However, she mentioned in a couple of places that I was 'telling' not 'showing'. I might be thick here but I'm really struggling to see the difference. That is one issue I need to get a hold on, but for now at least I need to go through the rest of Shipshape and see where else I can make changes. But I have a slight problem folks ... ... ...

All fiction writing is an art. Art by its nature is very subjective. So then, this one editor has made her comments, but would another editor agree with what has been said? Let's face it, another editor could pick up on things that would mean changing some of them back to how they were. I suppose it's a case of 'yer pays yer penny ...'.

One of Facebook friends has been given a hard time by some moron on Amazon in a review written about my friends ebook. Well, it's likely my friend is not the only one because there's a piece in the May issue of Writing Magazine (and for the life of me I can't find it now!) where the writer says there a nasty gang of hangers on who take great pleasure in flaming authors in what is claimed to be a genuine review of the work. I've always thought of these prats as bullying trolls, less than human and certainly not worth getting upset over. But having said, I haven't been on the receiving end of their nastiness. It is comforting to know that other writers are aware of what these ijits are up to though; just a pity Amazon won't take any action against them.

And so we come to today's photo ... 

Another arty one ... but is this art or vandalism?
Funny time ...

SCOTTISH WEDDING
At the Scottish wedding reception the D.J. yelled...
"Would all married men please stand next to the one
person who has made your life worth living."
The bartender was almost crushed to death.        

No comments:

Post a Comment