Saturday 8 December 2012

CCFC, UFOs and price rises



8 December 2012

My regular readers will know how I feel about football and all ball games.  I wasn't always like that, in fact I used to follow Coventry City.  My worst action ever was taking my brother Dave over to watch them.  From that day on everything was CITYCITYCITY and nothing but!  That was what actually put me off the game.  Well, not totally I suppose because I still keep an eye on their match results.  There does seem to be a strange affliction at the club though.  I remember being at Highfield Road one time where City was winning 3-0 against Rotherham.  We left a bit early only to discover that City lost 4-1!  The reason?  With a 3-0 score they just sat back thinking that they had done enough; they lost.  And that happens time after time.  Whatever ...

A few years ago the City left Highfield Road and moved in the Ricoh Stadium.  It now looks like they will be out of the Ricoh before around Christmas time.  The reason?  Well, not really the team fault but the fault of the club Sisu - whoever they are!  They owe over a £1m in rent for the stadium and the owners of the stadium made a very generous offer to reduce and peg the rent, to keep the receipts for sales of food drink and to repay the owed rent over a 10 year period.  Sisu rejected it!  A winding up order has now been made which will see the club closed by the New Year.  What a sad end to what has been a good club!

Do you believe in UFOs?  Well if you don't, you're daft!  Now hang a minute before you all rush off to get the hangman's rope ready ... UPF's do exist and are seen on a regular basis.  Look at the name again; Unidentified  Flying Objects.  They are seen quite often as I've just said.  What I don't believe in is little green men from Mars - or anywhere else for that matter!  It's claimed that sightings first began just after WW2 and the start of the Cold War.  If so, how come a Dorset man claimed to have seen a highly polished metal disc up in the sky?  And was on December 8 1733!  Who knows what he saw?  It was an unidentified object and it was flying - there for it was an UFO.

The farming community will soon be claiming that food prices will have to increase in the future.  Nothing strange in that is there?  But this time it isn't because of bad weather or price of seeds and cereals.  No, this time it will be because there's a scam going on within the Midlands where farmers are being conned into paying a lot of money into bogus investments.  Yes, that's right, they are a target of conmen and they will be expecting that the public will have to bail them out if they lose out over it.  Of course, that isn't happening right now although the con is certainly happening right now.  But come on folks ... we all know that farmers will use any excuse to put their prices up!!!

A shot from the Tube in London for today's photo's ...

And from the Sage ...
Several men are in the changing room of a golf club. A mobile phone on a bench rings and a man engages the hands-free speaker function and begins to talk. Everyone else in the room stops to listen.
MAN: "Hello"
WOMAN: "Hi darling, it's me. Are you at the club?"
MAN: "Yes."
WOMAN: "I'm at the shops now and found this beautiful leather coat. It's only £1,000; is it OK if I buy it?"
MAN: "Sure, go ahead if you like it that much."
WOMAN: "I also stopped by the Jaguar showroom and saw the new models. I saw one I really liked."
MAN: "How much?"
WOMAN: "£37,000." ;
MAN: "OK, but for that price I want it with all the options."
WOMAN: "Great! Oh, and one more thing... I was just talking to Jane and found out that the house I wanted last year is back on the market. They're asking £570,000 for it."
MAN: "Well, then go ahead and make an offer of £550,000. They'll probably take it. If not, we can go the extra twenty-thousand if it's what you really want."
WOMAN: "OK. I'll see you later! I love you so much!"
MAN: "Bye! I love you, too."
The man hangs up. The other men in the changing room are staring at him in astonishment,
mouths wide open.
He turns and asks,
"Anyone know who's phone this is?"

No comments:

Post a Comment