Saturday 2 July 2011

Welcome ...

... welcome to my new bog.  I have another one at http://birderronindorktown.blogspot.com/  which was originally set to report my birding activities.  Since then I have hardly been out birding at all and most of what I posted was just general decided mutterings.  So I eventually got around to starting another one which I hope will be more used and read more.  So here we go then ...

The name Bitzer comes from Charles Dickens book Hard Times.  Tom Bitzer is a man who becomes so wrapped up in the educational methods of the 19th century that all he can see the plain black and white in a situation and has no idea of applying some sort common sense or compassion when he might well have done so.  So that’s that bit out of the way.

This afternoon I sat in the Crew on Queens Road in Dorktown and ordered a sausage and egg batch.  Then I started to think a wee bit ... it happens every so often you know.  Up till January 2009 we had been living in the Greater Manchester area and in that area they don’t have batches, they have barm cakes, even the packs of six in Asda have Barm Cakes on them.  But other areas have neither batches nor barm cakes, they have rolls or cobs.  But for god’s sake they’re all the same why don’t they call them by the same name.  I once heard a Joke in a café asking for bacon and roll.  I looked around for the pile of hay but there wasn’t any and he had to make do with BATCH!

But it’s not just with BATCHES is it?  I used to sell do8uble glazing door to door.  So when I was talking to my brother-in-law about it I said I was ‘on the knocker’.  He nearly choked on his beer poor chap, what a waste of beer that was.  In Ipswich where he lives the term ‘on the knocker’ is applied to prostitutes ... opps.

Things don’t get any better over the wet water do they?  Over there in Yankydoddledandyland a plate of chips will get you a pile of crisps.  If you want real chips well, you’ve had your chips cos they sell French fries.  But how can they be French when they’re made in Yankydoddledandyland?  And please don’t ask for a faggot batch cos they the poor dears will send out for a group of gay men to come and serve you.  In what way I wonder ;-)))  Moving swiftly on, you don’t wear trousers over there you wear pants and you underpants are shorts, whether they’re shot or long it matter not to Yanks!  And the ladies wear panty-hose not tights. 

The Aussie enna much different are they?  If you want an AMBULANCE they will send you an ‘ambo’ – just hope and pray its the full job and not been abbreviated like the word. The Aussie tucker bag is around here in Dorktown a ‘snapbox’, a term I have always despised!  And as for the East Europeans, who knows what they saying at anytime of the day or night! 

I like photography and I usually have a camera where ever I go.  I've posted a lot of things on the BirderRon blog so I'll try not to repeat them on here. Here's the first one then ...






This is another I really like and I've called it Canned Rose.  It was taken on Kodak slide film and the scanned into my PC.  This one was a Minolta Dynax 404si.







Saw this pair in Brum one day and got the shot.


I take all sorts of daft pictures.  This one is of a drain cover with a knot on it I found in Barton, near the Humber bridge, speaking of which ... nope, sorry, I can't find it right now I have a nice shot of the Humber Bridge taken right underneath on the south bank of the Humber.  So you'll have to make do with this.
Coming back for my Sunday out the other week I have to stop at the services on the M42 and saw this chequered pattern on the wall.  Sent my eyes daft it ... but it was wortha go.  
Just one more for today then ...


Here's Jan and me on holiday in Majorca last year.  It was Jan's first trip aboard and she loved every minute of it.  It was worth the money just to see her smiling so much all week.


One thing I do like a lot is real ale and that something the Yanks can't do anywhere near as good as we do.  Now don't be too upset if you find photos of pints of ale and beer pumps signs on here along with recommendations for the pubs where I found them.  I've posted couple on BirderRon and have a few more on my camera that I need to sort out.  Hopefully I will post them tomorrow.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment