Wednesday 13 July 2011

Dorktown market day

13 July 2011 

Wednesday is market day in Dorktown and I shall soon be on my way to have look and see what I can find that might be useful.  There’s a butchers that sells packs of six very nice batches so I shall be getting some of those at least.  There’s usually a stall selling cheap books which I shall have a look at.  Smudges Place for next week’s telly pages and I might treat myself to a new photo mag as well.  Next decision is whether to visit the Willie White of the Town Hussy pub, not sure yet, depends on what the weather is doing.  At least I can get my scooter into the Willie White and the forecast on my MSN page is for showers.

The Evening News this morning (yes, I know it sounds daft ... just one more bit of silliness in Dorktown!), had a four page spread advertisement for a supply teachers company.  But why do schools need them?  Sure it would be less expensive if they employed their own teachers instead of hiring them in when needed.  It can’t be doing the kids education all that much good either!

My mate has finished proof reading The Mission for me and has sent it back – so thanks Bill, a good job there!  Now all I need to do is to sit and work my way through all the countless Items he has no doubt picked up.  Another friend is also working her way through it and once she has finished I can get it sent off to Amazon and get it released for sale.  My second book called House of Pain can then be finished and also released for sale.  I might try a different company though for that one.  Lulu.com looks gooks good.  After that one, who knows ... I have 4 or 5 other started but I’m not sure which one to go with next.  Maybe Happyman (that’s a working title and won’t be the real one).  I have another based on a fictitious car smash outside the Lamb and Flag at the bottom of Church Road (no title yet).  Or maybe even Reciprocity (working title borrowed from Tom Clancy). Decisions decisions - how easy life would be without them
;-)))
OK then, Dorktown pici time ... 




Yesterday I had a moan about the local council in office in 1977, well it isn't all that different now.  Just a couple of years ago they allowed the classic art deco bulding above to be demolished and replaced with a new Liddle store.  Not only that, yet another old pub was also demolished at the same time!
 Talking of pubs, here'd what used to the Peacock.  At one time it was a real rough old dive but after a major reburb it became the most popular pub in town.  The manager moved on a new guy moved in and the first thing he did was to have a dart board putin quickly followed by a load of mates starting to use it.  Overnight he lost half his trade and things didn't improve.  The palce was closed by Ansells not long after.  



The River Anchor, one of the nicer parts of town.



But sadly it's not all like that!



This Mount Street rec and where I used to walk my dog.



Same place in the summer but a different view.



As it's market day today here's shot from last year.

  I assume it was just too hot smile at last year's Bramcote Open Day ... see what I mean about the people around here.
Oh dear ,,, need I say more?

The Rochdale Sage has been in touch again ...
After being married for thirty years....a wife asked her husband to describe her.


He looked at her slowly..then said, "You're A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H.... I, J, K."


She asks..... "What does that mean?"


He said, "Adorable, Beautiful, Cute, Delightful, Elegant, Foxy, Gorgeous, Hot.


She smiled happily and said...."Oh, that's so lovely.....
What about I, J, K?"


He said, "I'm Just Kidding!"

His eye is still swollen....but it will get better

No comments:

Post a Comment