Tuesday 9 August 2011

The silly season is upon us!


9 August 2011

Here we go again, the silly season hits us when the weather turns a tad cooler so the nutty section of the population decides to heat things up again with a riot and theft!  The excuse this time round is that cops shot someone.  We don't know the full details of all that but there is no excuse for what is happening now.  It's all down the thuggish and thieving elements amongst us, most of whom are likely to high as kits and drugs, wanting to have a go at cop baiting.  Arrests are made and all the social workers and bleeding heart liberals will get on their horses and say the cops over reacted and didn't need to arrest people. 
These wasters are what is wrong with the UK today.  Since the 1960's their insidious growth in numbers have created an atmosphere of fear of an intimidation that leave law abiding citizens wondering where the justice is for the victims of what we now are now seeing on telly.  And guess what?  It's us that will end up picking up the tab for all the damage through higher insurance rates.

Do I sound bitter?  Well I am bitter about it.  We spent a fortune on a good 16th birthday present for our son.  We didn't even get a thank you!  What we got was a school bag thrown across the living room and tirade of abuse and demands.  "I'm 16 now," he said, "and you can't do anything to me now.  I'll do what I like when I like and there's nothing you can do about it.  You can't take my telly and video recorder off me.  You can't stop me smoking in here or anywhere else.  I when I want to bring a girl in for sex I will and there's nowt you can do about!"  Can you imagine how we felt?
At that time I had a very short fuse and he had set it off burning.  "We'll soon see about all that," I said.  "While you are living under my roof and while my name is on the rent book you will live by our rules or the one option you've forgotten about will be applied.  Oh, don't know what it is - it's being kicked out on the street."   The first to go was the telly and VCR when he told me to 'f*** off'.  Out they went into the garage.  He picked it up the  telly and tried to carry it back in - a hammer soon sorted out that and he didn't get another one while he was with us.

And who told him about his 'rights'?  A school welfare officer apparently.  When I tried to get to speak to that worthy they were always too busy to speak to me but found time to speak to Tom every time I asked to speak to them.  The County Education officers were of no use at all, backing up their staff as usual! 

That outburst was on March 16th.  It was the following September before he was on his ears.  Having been expelled from school because he threatened a teacher, he got a place as a trainee chef at the local college.  he didn't go in one day because he had a 'cold', he claimed.  Yet he got ready to go out.  We had a visitor at the time and he thought we wouldn't make a fuss.  he was told that if he was well enough to go with his mates he was well enough to go to college that if he went out then his stuff would out on the lawn when he got back.  We got another FU off him as he slammed the front door and his stuff was on the lawn when he got back.
This is just one instance of the damage the do-gooders do.  They are good at telling of rights but have no interest in telling of responsibilities.  The only a remedy is to sack then lot!  Get rid of them!  Allow parents and teachers to discipline their kids/pupils and do so properly.  Allow the same parents and teachers to defend themselves when attacked by the kids.  Make parents responsible for the actions of their kids when they are out and about.  

It's taken me a long time to get the nerve to let all this out for the first time.  Tom is now 30 and still will not behave and will not accept any responsibility for his actions.  He stole my wife's camera and then blamed us for pressing charges and taking him to court over it, not for him having stolen it in the first place.  He is now banned for our home and now we live in fear of him breaking in yet again.  Why has he turned out like this?  No idea really but the authorities haven't done anything to help.  Neither Jan or me have a criminal record, not even a parking or speeding ticket, yet he now has at least 12 theft convictions.  I feel ashamed of him. 

OK, rant over!                         

No comments:

Post a Comment