Tuesday 26 January 2016

Sumat n nowt



26 January

Guess what? Today is our wedding anniversary; we have been married for 36 years today. Happy anniversary Jan, love you lots.

Well, my desk is now cleared ready for when they charity guys come and collect it. We’ve added a few bits to it as well so I hope they can take those too. Beside me is a magazine rack/table that was full of magazines. I sorted those out too, and there’s 34 of them, of three different titles. I’ve heard of people keeping their mags for years and years, you know, ‘just in case’. I wonder how many actually go back to them to look for something they partly remember from a mag a few years ago? They might be lucky enough to have the storage room for them, I don’t. At least I can now recycle them, and not just throwing them out as I used to.

Later today we have try to sort out the living room so that it can still be used as a living room as well as storing so much of our kitchen kit. The fridge-freezer and chest freezer will live where the desk was; the washer and dryer, will live out in the hall way where Kile’s bed normally lives when he’s with us. It’s not an ideal bed space, but it works. I’m not sure where the cooker will go yet, we keep changing our minds on the one. The small dresser where Jan’s bonsais live will be moved too so that the workers get a free run for coming and going.

I’ve tried a new venture yesterday, reviewing books I’ve read recently for Facebook group For Reading Addicts. They ask for a minimum of 150 words and I’ve done over 400 for Foxglove Summer. This morning I’ve started a second one ready for posting when I’ve finished the current paperback I’m part way through. At some time I shall have to go and pay a visit to The Works in town so I can see what they have on their three for a fiver offer. I’ve bought some interesting new writers that way. Both these reviews are of books I picked up from there. I’ve just thought, there’s a large book stall on the Wednesday market in town, so maybe I could do them both on the same day, that would be fun eh!  

Gene Hackman; I’ve always rated him as an actor. We recorded on of his films, Heist over the weekend but when we tried to watch it last night I was really disappointed in it. It seemed to me that it was mainly Hackman walking around shouting at his fellow actors. He’s retired now of course, same as Sean Connery, and I wonder why at times. Other actors are still filming, Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman and Clint Eastwood come to mind. So it can’t be a
Lack of dosh that keeps them working. I wonder if it’s the whole idea of working that keeps them going, the love of what they do. Well, it’s a good job we are not all the same eh.

For a change I thought a bit of public art for today’s photo … 

A pair of swans in Stratford on Avon I think.

And today’s funny …

No comments:

Post a Comment