Thursday 28 January 2016

So much to do, so little time ...


28 January



Not felling so good this morning cos me head is on the move again. That’s a shame really cos right now we have wall to wall blue sky and sun shine.  Maybe I stopped taking the pills too early. Back on them now though. Pills or not, we have far too much to do to allow us to go out very far at all this weekend, or for the next three weeks actually. I should mention now that there may well be days when I won’t be able to write a blog over that same three week, so please bear with me.



We spent most of yesterday trying to find space to store all the kit we have in the kitchen. A good amount is going up to Kile’s place for a short while and the rest we will eventually find room for somewhere. Today we need to get on and do a lot more but at same I still need to start today’s dinner, a chicken stew made from the carcass of the last full chicken we had. Kile is stopping over the weekend again and I promised him a stew when he came next. Tomorrow evening we will have a pizza between us, Saturday we will take him out for Big Mac and Sunday we’ll have a braised steak I think. That will get most of the fresh the fresh veg we have in the fridge before it needs throwing out – which you know I hate doing.



Muppet central have a new argument going on now haven’t they? Daft Dave and his cronies have last a case in the high court over the bedroom tax, so they are going to appeal the decision. I can understand why they would want to because a lot of government policy could begin to unravel if they finally lose it. The issue at hand is the so-called bedroom tax which is certainly unfair as it now stands. Although the idea behind it was fine in that it was supposed to encourage people living in a property that was too large for them, to look at moving to a smaller property. The only people it really hit was social housing tenants. It couldn’t be levied against those living in private housing. Jan and I lived in my mother’s three-bedroom house and still received full housing benefit.



The effect was to push far too many of those tenants into council tax arrears and finally to eviction. When it was brought in many people saw the dangers in it, yet Daft Dave and Co would only speak of the need to get people to move into smaller properties. This approach, no matter what the subject, is called the broken record way; that is when someone speaks on the subject they only speak on the part of the record that matters to them, just like a broken record which sticks to just one word when played. Another name for it politics. It is also why I could never be a politian, I will not stick to a party line on anything and will look at and find the right way to go for my voters and my peace of mind. A cousin once said to me that I was too honest for my own good; he was right, I am honest, but too honest? How can anyone be too honest I wonder?



This new lappy of mine is pretty fast machine, or at least it is when I get it working properly. For years now I have been using Firefox browser so I installed it on here, but the lappy wasn’t having it at all. So now I have ditched and moved over onto Edge, the MS browser. The old IE system will stop functioning soon anyway, so why not move now. I kept getting ads coming up along with ‘a virus has been installed on your PC’ message. This lappy has a month’s free trial, even if it is only a very basic version. Yesterday I paid for a year’s cover of MacAfee Internet Security. Once it downloaded and set up it has settled down my machine completely. I was getting more than a bit miffed with it really see as I have never had so many problems with any of PCs. Not that any of that matters right now seeing as our internet  connection has decided to throw a hissy fit. Even the telly service is struggling but as the song went, ‘I will survive, I will survive.’

And so we come to photo time …

The Dorktown Bum Washer.



And today’s funny …



Well, the jokes on me today folks; I’ve spoken too soon and looking for a new joke source I’m getting all sorts of silly things like Java updates, which I don’t want after reading about the company admitting there are serious flaws in it. Sorry guys, I can’t do anymore funnies right now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment